Friday, June 22, 2012

Shoes and Women

“A man is known by the shoes he wears,” said the mother to her daughter in the famous story ‘The Umbrella Man’ by Roald Dahl.
The story brings back all good childhood memories to me. I hope you all remember this story where a mother and daughter needed an umbrella on a rainy night and a stranger offered them his umbrella for 20 bucks. But the mother was suspicious of everything, starting from strange men to boiled eggs. She declined to take the offer at first but somehow got convinced later.
I am planning to read the story tomorrow. And I am also planning to come to the point now: Shoes and men. Well, I believe that if a man is known by the shoes he wears, so does a woman. What do you think?
A woman has more options as well, flats, heels, platforms, wedges. You take your pick. I personally also believe that you can be more experimental with the colors of the shoes.
I recently stumbled upon an amazing collection of shoes on a website called Done by None. If you ask me, I am awestruck with the collection. Its different, its fresh and its so cleverly designed. And its well priced too.
I am planning to buy the Bohemian Rhapsody. I like the candy pink one too! Which ones do you like?


Astro Magic Platforms


Bohemian Rhapsody Wedges
The Candy Kane Wedges
Serendipity Blues Peep-toe Wedges
Harajuku Flats
Photo Courtesy: Done by None

8 comments:

  1. Good post Rupa.. And I totally agree that a woman is known by the shoes she wears and we have lot more options.. I like the Astro Magic Platforms the best and your choice of Bohemian Rhapsody is Thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity blues.. is my pick for the lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely write-up Rupa!! I like Astro Magic Platforms :) :) keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these shoes! what a collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one , first time read your blog, what a way to do marketing of donebynone.com looklike a good ecommerce sites for womens....

    ReplyDelete
  6. dancing barracuda for me!!! Like they say"variety is the spice of life"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always a big fan of shoes.....Yes Rupa I believe that women and shoes are equally related as men and shoes.......so for me dancing barracuda and harajuku flats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People say clothes count for first impressions. They really do, because each person has his own style which reflects his or her personality. But can shoes say volumes about their owner? According to me they can. Shoes show your fashion sense, status, neatness, attention you pay to details, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking some time out to comment. I really look forward to them.