Saturday, March 11, 2023

Blogs of Defiance

Ramble alert. 

My boss once told me that my blog was all about street style with an underlying theme of  "I don't give a ***k." Confused at first, I scrolled through years of content and found (what I already knew) no shred of rebellion. It was only later when I realised he was speaking about what I write, the narrative that goes hand in hand with these as every day as possible clothes actually reeked of subtle defiance, subtle being the imperative word.

The particularly reflective nature of this blog post may have something to do with my state of mind lately. I had always imagined myself to be a lot calmer and more accepting with age. It didn't happen. In fact, I feel I can defy just a little more than I already do. Give just a little less ***ks.

For me, it was never just about fashion. It was also about the life that I live in these clothes, the money I painstakingly save to travel just a little, the walks I walk in these clothes to see a little more of the world. It is about the people I meet along the way, the coffee that I have, the books I read. 

And as I do all this, all I can hope for is to say no more often, not for the heck of it, but because I should. I can hope to live just a little bit more like I want to, because you see, not much has been talked about people who say no, but just not enough, about those who are free, but decide to step into a cage every once in a while. The in between kinds. 

So unlike my boss, i believe that i do give **cks, a lot less than others though. But there is definitely room for improvement. 

............................................................................................................................................................

Please follow me on GFC and Instagram if you like reading the blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking some time out to comment. I really look forward to them.