Monday, April 13, 2020

Things I Have Learnt So Far in Quarantine

Before you tilt your head on your comfortable side (mine is right), raise your unthreaded eyebrows, and say,"Not another quarantine article!", let me assure you I won't present any data that would make you more frustrated than you already are. I don't know if we are going to emerge stronger - like those forwarded whatsapp messages claim we will- or will play a blink-and- you-miss-it role in a real life version of a pandemic movie. I don't. So I am just taking the liberty of talking about random, not necessarily sad things, I have observed during this quarantine. And here they are!

People Snack! Like a Lot!
So I am a part of a whatsapp group where we can mention the things we need, and a local kirana store guy will get it for us at the society gate. Very good initiative I must say, because that ensures very few people actually step out of the society. For all those who know me and my knack of observing the weirdest things ever, would totally understand why I read the lists sent by so many people everyday! No, I have no role in procuring that stuff, I just read because I can! It's out there in the chat group, for everyone to read. And my latest research tells me people snack a potato pile lot more than I thought. Biscuits, cookies, chips, cake slices, you name it, they are eating it. I must have been living under a rock all these years, thinking we Indians snack less and hence have healthier food habits. Suddenly I am worried more about obesity in the country than corona. I even dreamt of babies eating Nutella pancakes while sitting on a mountain  of soft vanilla cake!

Some people have better WhatsApp statuses than others 
One of the many times I realise I know the worst set of people in the world is when I check out the status section of my WhatsApp, filled with banal, meh content. Why, people why? But before I begin to take you through the streets of quarantine-snobbery, by saying more mean things about people who do not need my permission on the kind of things they have to say, let me be a little bit nicer. Let me talk about the bright yet soft rays of light, about those that upload kick-ass statuses. Mehak Mann, Jatin Khurana, and Hardeep Kaur, you know how to make a forever-irritated, quarantined woman happy. Thank you for existing. 

People are revealing their true selves, almost.
A friend who was gushing about a guy in February, just realised he can only waste so much time on her. Another one has realised how unhappy his job had made him and is already working on something new. Another one I know is going to confess her love to someone the moment all this is over. People are coming out. The flaunters, the singers, the pessimists, the optimists, the potential social butterflies hidden in the garb of loners, the alcoholics, the cooks, the fuckboys, the kind hearted....and so on and so forth. Now is the time you may discover something about your friends. They are all quarantined, masks reserved only for grocery shopping. Take a peep guys. You have the chance to know thy loved ones like never before. 
............................................................................................................................................................

Please follow me on GFC and Facebook and Instagram if you like reading the blog.




3 comments:

  1. Love love love.....amazingly written and the fabulous pics steal the show 😊😊
    Thanks for sharing this; it was fun read and I enjoyed every bit of it.....hogging to laughters and yes finding your passion etc....truly amazing!! 😊😊😊🌼🌼🌼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post. How are you doing?
    Aditi
    www.sosaree.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inside out, one of the most amazing person I know, so many ways she is insperation... Love the way you are😘

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking some time out to comment. I really look forward to them.