Monday, December 11, 2023

Being Sad in a Sadder World

In times when everyone posts their best pictures and videos showcasing their perfect lives on social media, it's easy to feel lost. It's easy to believe our life is nothing but a big bag of meh (sorry, I couldn't find a better word). According to some, posting about sad things can bring a much-needed sense of reality. But I often wonder, if we talk about the problems and challenges of our lives on digital media, will there be any takers? Will anyone care to go through paragraphs of pouring hearts and streaming tears? At this point, I am not even looking for answers. It's all just a big blob of ramble.

And then I wonder if I even have the right to ramble in a world where children are being killed. In a world where islands are drowning, people are losing homes because of natural disasters, in a world where half of the population still struggles to live a decent life.

If you have managed to read so far, you must have guessed that all is not well and that the smiling pictures in these blogs do not tell the complete story. I am going through one of the most challenging phases of my life - in terms of health (both physical and mental) and my parents' health. Throw in some money issues to this, and I have a mix I don't know what to do with. But as I said, all these problems are nothing compared to what people in the world are going through. 

So at this very moment, I take a deep breath, feel guilty for having better problems, pause only to realise I still have no clue of what lies ahead, take another deep breath and publish this post. 

...........................................................................................................................................................

Please follow me on GFC and Instagram if you like reading the blog.


1 comment:

Thanks for taking some time out to comment. I really look forward to them.