Friday, April 15, 2016

Her Satchels

When I watch Homeland, one thing strikes me every single time: Carrie Mathison's sling bags, usually black, at times tan, often a bit bigger than usual sling bags. Though her clothes, in every season, seem to have been carefully designed corresponding to the flavour of the episodes, the bags remain similar. 

I think Carrie's sling bags give her a personality, the way she struts around, worrying the least about her bag makes me see her differently. This is in sharp contrast to Allison Carr's bags which are fancier (and of course expensive).

Sling bags are popular everywhere. Perfect for an outing where you actually do not need much to carry. Cotton sling bags have a college like feeling, while leather ones look more sophisticated. Embroidered sling bags are loved by the bohemians from hearts among us.

By the way, did you know that sling bags were originally used for delivering letters?

 You have a great weekend. Please follow me on GFC and Facebook and Instagram.


 Outfit Details: Almost everything is from Forever 21

27 comments:

  1. great casual look! lovely bag - I wish you showed it little more!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this casual look. Your torn jeans,top and bag. Looks so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kind of bags are my favorites - perfect for going out, not even clubbing or whatsoever, but, for example, for grabbing a cup of coffee, or macaroons with girlfriends. Because you don't need a lot of stuff to carry with you on these small events.
    Again I am loving your outfit - it's simple, but I do loove the casual feeling about it! <3

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truely sensational! upto now your best work*******……
    You are getting better and better..coming up with different stuff every time.
    kudos to ones who are responsible behind photography
    optical glasses online india

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit. It looks so good on you. Red colour suits you well I must say :)

    www.designglueglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the cool vibe here, Rupa. Awesome pics, hun. Just perfect! How have you been doing, girl?
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that top of yours!

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my earlier post :)

    My latest post t Years to Look back

    Follow me on Google Plus

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  9. In love with your jeans! Do u wanna follow each other? let me know. kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute look, and very comfy, love the red top!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look! Exactly how I walk around in summer whenever I can. I love sling-bags...so useful for cycling!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Bag. Have an amazing day!

    XoXo from Berlin
    Valentina | DAILY SUIT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love ur jeans..have been contemplating buying the ripped one's for the longest time.

    Aditi
    www.sosaree.in

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit! Thanks for stopping my blog, follow you dear :)
    Meet My Lovely World

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look cute :) How did u find an empty road for the shoot? :D

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute look, I really like it! You have a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the satchel but it may be too small for me since I carry way too much stuff lol

    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your casual look. Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful full post here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking some time out to comment. I really look forward to them.