Sunday, October 15, 2023

Things I Loved in Sweden

This year, I got this great opportunity to visit Sweden. And it was an incredible experience, of course. From cleaner air to the beautiful architecture, there is a lot to like. But here are the top things that I will never forget.

Bicycles everywhere!

Leaving aside smaller environmental footprints, bicycles for me are the best way to commute short distance. And this country is so bicycle-friendly!

Evening lights!



Maybe one gets to see these lights only during winters, but whatever it is, evening lights are magnificent in Sweden. It's as if white and yellow meet midway to illuminate the streets in a magical way. Hope this picture explains it better.

Beautiful buildings everywhere








Imagine your everyday grocery-run view to be like this. Exactly.

Inclusivity



This one deserves a separate post altogether. But this message on a public washroom is everything. 

Pedestrian-friendly roads








I don't think I will ever be less sentimental enough to describe how it feels to be able walk for hours without worrying about some vehicle owner trying to tell you how pedestrians do not belong on the roads.

Cute houses



Even during the blue of the cold weather, some Swedish houses emit warmth. An evening stroll watching brightly-coloured houses is among the best kind of rest. Try it.

Food












Frankly speaking, I wouldn't go gaga about the food in Sweden, especially after having been to Italy and living in India. But, if you do just enough research, you can get your hands of some really good pasta, desserts and coffee!

The weather and the public transport!










I know some people find Swedish winters too gloomy. I am not those people, I guess. And the public transport? Well, the entire Europe, I have heard, has done a good job there.

...........................................................................................................................................................

Please follow me on GFC and Instagram if you like reading the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking some time out to comment. I really look forward to them.