Friday, February 6, 2015

Shopping And Happiness

“I'm still trying to figure out the secret relationship between the woman and the mall!” 
― Ibrahim Taha

I feel good after shopping. At least for a while. Its instant gratification most of the times. but if I do not go overboard, I am mostly happy with what I buy. I admit that there have been days when shopping has not proved to be the most efficient weapon against depression. But there are days when it really feels nice, no matter how shallow it sounds to some.

When i go alone, and have decided the exact amount of money I will spend, shopping seems like a project that ends with a party. A very interesting part of shopping is to come back and show the stuff to people at home. As a child, I used to be so excited about getting a new dress, i would wake up the next day and would take it outside just to see how it looks in the morning light. It gave me happiness. I wonder if other children ever did that.

You guys have a great weekend. Shop if it makes you happy.


Details: Sweater- Alia Bhatt for Jabong, Accessories - Gifted, Boots -Forever 21, Coloured Denims: Code

20 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so cool. Love the color of the pants and the slubby yarn of the sweater top.
    As a child, I used to be so excited with the shopping that I used to wear all my new clothes one by one as soon as we got home and parade all over the place in them. *sigh* happy memories! I don't do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy and pretty :) I am really diggin' that bag ;)
    Love
    Nitika
    New outfit post up on my blog - http://www.theshopaholic-diaries.com/2015/02/ootd-dressin-up-for-valentines-trendy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty outfit, i love the biker boots. happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just found your site and it seems interesting to me, because I want to know more about your culture and you have a beautiful writing style :)
    Personally, I don't go shopping very often, but when I do, I try to enjoy it to the most and buy myself something beautiful that I will enjoy to wear even after a long time. And usually, when I buy something new, I tend to wear it the very next day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping makes me happy too, Rupa. Its the perfect solution to a bad mood. And if you get something at a discount, there's nothing better ;-) Love the second pic where you are laughing :)

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rupa you look so cool here. Love the pics. Great outfit. Welcome back ;)
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shopping makes me soo sooo happy. love ur hat.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a jumper just like that from new look and seem to live in it..... never thought of paring it with colored trousers though! Looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Other children did do that! I did! It was very exciting to know something new was waiting for me. In fact, I still feel like that! haha
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shopping to me is therapy
    U look pretty

    AnanyaTales

    Facebook

    Twitter

    Instagram

    Pinterest

    Google Plus

    http://www.ananyatales.com/2015/02/cocktail-dresses.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colours combination!! cool outfit!!

    WWW.LIAKW.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colors mixed Rupa !!!



    xo
    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shopping definitely perks me up too. And then later on when I get to wear my purchase, it's another little burst of happiness, shallow as that may seem. Anyways, those are some cool purple jeans :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  14. completely with that shopping thingy! Indeed feels great and we should have a budget planned too :-)


    You rock the hats look... wow. Your top looks great and your bag too :-)

    Love
    http://tanujasethi.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  15. lukin awesome
    http://vanduchoudhary.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking some time out to comment. I really look forward to them.